The Outstanding Young Persons (TOYP) of Illinois program is presented annually by the Illinois Jaycees. The TOYP program serves to recognize up to ten individuals between the ages of 18 and 40 who exemplify the best attributes of young people from across Illinois.
A maximum of ten honorees will be selected from all nominations received, regardless of category entered. Young men and women may be nominated in one of ten categories for the TOYP honor. Nominations are accepted from organizations, businesses, governments and individuals.
Click Here for the online application
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
Illinois Jaycees will honor The Outstanding Young Persons of Illinois at an awards ceremony scheduled for May 6, 2023.
The ceremony will highlight each honoree and provide a stage from which they can challenge and inspire young people from around Illinois. For each honoree, there will be a video presentation profiling his/her accomplishments, a plaque presentation followed by the honoree’ acceptance speech.
The event is generously supported by friends and employers of our award winners, local and regional Jaycee organizations, Illinois Jaycees Charitable Foundation, Illinois JCI Senate and Illinois businesses.
- Nomination forms must be submitted no later than February 19th, 2023. The nominee must be entered in one of the ten categories listed on this form. Electronic nominations are requested in MS Word format. The signature page can be sent separately as a.jpg or PDF. Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Nominees must be between the ages of 18 and 40. A nominee is not eligible if he/she becomes the age of 41 before January 1st. A copy of the ID/Birth Certificate should be included along with the nomination form to prove the age of the nominee.
- The nominee must sign the official nomination form attesting to all facts contained in the form and
granting permission for publication of these facts. By signing this form, the nominee also indicates willingness to attend the Jaycees TOYP Awards Ceremony.
- A hi-resolution digital photo suitable for use in press releases should be included with nomination submission. If nominee is selected as a TOYP Honoree, he/she will be requested to provide additional personal photographs for use in video production presented during the award’s ceremony. Photographs can be of recipient (any age), with family, friends, co-workers, during volunteer activity involvement, family activity, work, activity, etc.
- Outline the timeline of the nominee’s career or field of activity. (Limit: 1500 words)
- Provide additional details on the exceptional achievements of the nominee, and/or the challenges he/she has overcome to achieve them. (Limit: 500 words)
- List important awards and honors the nominee received that illustrates his/her achievements. Include a brief description of each. (Limit: 500 words)
- List any quotes from authorities that illustrate his/her achievements. (Limit: 500 words)
- Explain how the nominee exemplifies the principle expressed in the following line of the JCI Creed, “That service to humanity is the best work of life.” (Limit: 500 words)
- In your own words, why do you believe that the nominee should be selected as one of this year’s Outstanding Young Persons of Illinois? (Limit: 500 words)
PART 3: DECLARATION FORM
The completed signature page can be scanned as a .jpg or PDF and emailed as a separate document with the nomination form.
Please submit the Nomination Form in Word format.