2024 Legal Updates for Employers Seminar
This half day seminar provides Illinois employers with the information they need as leave issues are constantly evolving.
Don’t miss this urgent update for the Paid Leave for All Workers Act set to go into effect for ALL Illinois employers as well as more:
· Thoroughly discuss the Paid Leave for All Workers Act, and its potential interplay with the other leave laws.
· Handling FMLA leave can be confusing and involved; and knowing how to address and manage employees on FMLA leave is an overwhelming task for many seasoned human resource professionals.
· There is tenuous enmeshing between FMLA leave issue and other laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act; employers must comprehend the commonality and interweaving of these various leave laws.
· Private employers of all types and sizes will get the knowledge they need to comb through the jungle of administering the various government mandated leave laws.
· Provides invaluable observations into how an employer’s voluntary leave policies and benefits can and will impact FMLA leave.
Scott Cruz, Officer (Chicago) | Greensfelder
Scott Cruz represents public and private sector employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including civil litigation and preventative counseling. Scott represents employers in state and federal courts and administrative agencies involving claims brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, retaliatory discharge, breach of contract, labor arbitration and class actions.
Time & Date:
Thursday, February 22 | 9:30a – 12:30p
$30 | member fee
$40 | non-member fee
includes continental style breakfast & beverages
Questions can be directed to the Chamber at (217) 342-4147.