If you are interested in signing up to compete after 7/21/22, please call Becky at (217) 821-6780.
Thank you for participating in the 2022 EffingHAM-JAM Kansas City Barbecue Society State Championship scheduled for Friday, July 22 – Saturday, July 23 in Effingham, IL.
Your single entry fee will allow you to compete in all four standard KCBS categories: Beef Brisket, Chicken, Pork & Ribs. You will have the choice to submit one entry in any or all of the listed categories. The contest will be subject to general KCBS contest rules and judging procedures.
Entry fee: $275 Spots are first come, first served.
Vending fee: $100 (covers Friday evening & Saturday). If you are interested in setting up & selling as a vendor, please include the additional fee with your entry fee. Limited spaces available.
- Accepted forms of payment include: credit card, check, or money order (must be sent upon completion of this application)
- Each paid entry will be allowed one entry in each category
- Make checks payable to: “Effingham County Chamber”
- Mail to: 903 N Keller Dr., PO Box 643, Effingham, IL 62401
- Call the Chamber to coordinate credit card payments
Spaces are 20’x40′ spaces
Water is provided at no charge
All teams are required to provide their own power source/generator. Power will not be supplied for you.
$6,000 total purse payout schedule:
Grand Prize: $1,200
Reserve Grand Prize: $700
Each of the four categories will pay out the first five places as follows:
1st – $450
2nd – $250
3rd – $150
4th – $100
5th – $75
Questions should be directed to Becky Brown, Chamber Membership Director, at (217) 342-4147 or BBrown@EffinghamCountyChamber.com.