Effingham, IL – September 9, 2022, The Effingham County Chamber Workforce Development Committee excitedly invites you to the Apprenticeship Symposium scheduled for Tuesday, September 13 from 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Effingham.
Apprenticeships are an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction, and a portable, nationally-recognized credential.
The Apprenticeship Symposium will introduce the ins and outs of the Apprentice Program and how it is a win-win solution for both the employer and apprentice to help grow the footprint of the Effingham County workforce.
The Symposium will include speakers in Talent Management & Local Programs:
- Bonnie Moore, Director-Center for Business & Industry, Lake Land College
- Jeff Fritchtnitch, Workforce Development Director, EC-JOBS
- Kim Kuchenbrod, Work-Based Learning & Talent Management Administrator, Illinois State University, and Contract Staff, Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
- Norma Lansing, Effingham Regional Career Academy
A panel discussion on the Employers’ Perspectives on Apprenticeships includes:
- Leslie Tarble, Owner, 3Sisters Logistics
- Nathan Butt, Production Support Director, Quad Graphics
- Robert Woolum, Apprentice Program Supervisor, North American Lighting-Corporate HQ
- Robin Brown, Relations Manager, The Equity
The cost to attend the symposium is $15.00 per person and includes a continental breakfast. Educators receive a complimentary registration thanks to the Education Sponsor, Dr. Austin Cheney and the EIU Lumpkin College of Business & Technology.
More information can be found on the Chamber website at EffinghamCountyChamber.com/events or by calling the Chamber at (217) 342-4147.
About the Effingham County Chamber
Founded in 1917, the Effingham County Chamber is the county’s leading advocate and champion for business. The Chamber works to create a climate of growth and success in our community by providing leadership opportunities as well as volunteer programs and business-building initiatives that focus on the critical priorities of Effingham County businesses. By leveraging the support, talent, and resources of our members, the Effingham County Chamber is leading efforts to achieve business success and community growth.